Saturday, January 29, 2011

a new horse...

I think I have found the horse for me...I saw the ad and phoned up about her last night and went to see her today...she is lovely...Kamala Rose... She is a 15hh, 4 yr old QHxTB, chestnut and white Paint...her sire is Critical Decision...
She is a gorgeous golden colour particularly in her mane and she has a gorgeous nature...and although green with time I think she will be great...so she is coming home with us on Monday for a two week trial...

She has a lot of lovely white on her face and a few flecks on her legs...so not "loud" in paint terms but nice I think. She is a great height and she will be easy to get on. Paints and Quarter Horses are well know for their sensible temperaments.

Mike our farrier and horse guru came with us and rather liked her I think...he has several Paints himself but he also knows horses really well...I  like his kind nature with them and willingness to spend time on them, not rush them and get the most out of them...

Shauna is inconveniently away on holidays! So I will have to wait until Tuesday to get her tick of approval!

Here we are after our first ride...Mike has already ridden her and given his tick of approval and he expects a lot out of horses...he is going to spend some time with her in the next two weeks for me too...

I want just one horse...the right one for me that I can spend time with and enjoy riding, lead Bella (our pony)  for the girls and start endurance on in a year or so...once I am in shape and loose lots of kilos...and regain my riding fitness...those muscles have been dormant for a long time...

This will probably be the last horse I own so I am looking forward to Monday and bringing Rosie home...Ben is going to be busy in this heat putting up the new gates...Lissy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl!!
xxx