Thursday, January 27, 2011

slowing down...

Things are finally slowing down around here...

Each year November and December are so busy for us...birthdays, end of school activities, end of year concerts and Christmas...

Then we seem to land in a heap on the other side in the New Year...and it takes a few weeks to get back on board!

Finally we are in holiday mode....we had swimming after New Year and that seemed to keep us very busy....

We have tried to get away for a few days holidays but that has not eventuated...

And here we are at the end of January and getting back into the swing of things and the holiday is nearly over...and I am now getting some of the things I had planned to do on the holidays done!

I am getting time to sew with Evangeline....and do some sewing myself...

I have completed my first item for the Craft Book Challenge...

It is from this book Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross...given to me by the crafty Sharon...

It is a fabulous book with lots of great projects...the instructions were easy to follow but I think the fabric amounts were wrong for this "Everything Tote" that I made...

I managed to sew on the handles wrong but it is still OK...I like the orange spot contrasting with the black and grey floral...

We are getting Evangeline out riding the pony most days...usually early befor ehte heat kicks in...and I am still looking for a horse for myself... I rode one yesterday...called Cisco...a big chestnut boy...but hard work to get him moving... And I am a tad sore today after the ride!

Evangeline starts school next Wednesday. Morganne doesn't start for two weeks...

Ben heads off at the end of next week again for a week checking out his new boat...so we hope to enjoy the next few days...Lissy

No comments: