Thursday, March 11, 2010

Morganne Isabella and our happenings in March so far...

Last week Morganne came out in a rash on her face! Slap Face or Parvovirus...so as no wonder she has been grizzly with ear infections as well...but once the rash appeared she was mostly back to her perky self...just with a rash!She has been busy singing Old MacDonald had a Farm and playing with her animals.And with her dolls...these ones were Birthday and Christmas presents...they have click on clothes...perfect for little ones...my little ponies and the Little People and Dolls House are very popular too...things Evangeline never played with much...The tractors were loaded on the truck to go to the farm...even though this is what my dad had planned to do before he died it is still sad to see them go...we still have one little red tractor that will remain her and his cars...he restored two Borgward Isabellas (hence Morganne's middle name is Isabella for my dad) Serious work happens around here...writing and mathematics...And learning to cut...Oh and a bit of slave labour too of course!And so cute watching Peter Rabbit together...Evangeline's class are studying the ocean including ocean going vessels...so Ben went into class last week and talked to them about working on his ship and pearl diving...the were amazed at how big it all was and loved hearing what ocean animals and fish Ben has seen...And they loved looking through his binoculars...he did a very good job with about 30 six to eight year olds! I will try to get a photo from the teachers...

I am going into class each Monday now to teach the children hand sewing and then machine sewing...we have started with appliqueing a design onto a calico bag....I have also been off making more felt animals...birds...dry felting again...I want to start doing something with Evangeline...probably some beads first....

We went out to breakfast last Sunday to celebrate my birthday...which is not until the 14th but Ben left at 4 am Wednesday to go to work...and mum is in Bali for 10 days...Not to worry though...my birthday celebrations are in full swing with lunches and dinners planned with friends and my sister and family are visiting us...

I have scrapped a few pages...still with the stuff that is on my scrap counter...here it is...Yes...still plenty of stuff there for a few layouts yet! I am trying to clear it off! Some old photos but some recent ones too!I have joined Shimelle's class....Something from almost Nothing....about using up your stash...so we shall see how we go!! Lissy

No comments: