Saturday, September 04, 2010

and some photos from the end of august...

I have been dutifully trying to keep my camera off auto to learn how to use it...my homework for the class I am taking run by Sharon...warning this is a very photo heavy kind of post...

I am a no or minimal edit kind of person...I will crop photos but prefer to do nothing else...mainly because I do not know what else to do...lol...and don't want to spend the time editing...so I keep the grubby faces and all...I am trying to capture a memory not a perfect photo...and these sure are no way near perfect!

And I must say I am quite pleased with the photos I am taking off auto! There are lots of bad ones but enough keepers...I am am liking the colours and lighting on manual modes...and I even like the blurring and movement I am capturing when I do not quite get it right...kids in the playground...it captures their amazing energy and delight...and I am doing OK indoors without a flash...

I certainly have not figured it out but I am learning...

So here are some photos Freo last weekend...first at the yummy chocolate cafe...then at the play ground which is in heavy shade mostly but I managed OK...and hundreds of very adorable baby Z...And more of baby Z on a visit to our house the other day...Some fun outside in the rain...I can only show a couple of E as she was in her favourite puddle jumping attire!A bit of gardening...And some painting one afternoon...
A meal out to celebrate mum's birthday...I had trouble with my focal points on most of them...
Morganne at playgroup...all taken without a flash which was a big achievement...her painting of a baby...
And speaking of photos...Morganne and I went off to visit Sharon yesterday...and she took some fabulous photos...you can see them on Sharon's blog...but here are a couple...love this one...

I had to tickle a very grumpy M to get some photos...this is to match one we already have of Evangeline that Sharon took last November...And the rest of the time she wanted Mummy to have her photo taken...so there are lots of me! And Sharon sure makes me look good! And our grumpy girl fell asleep on the way home...Ben arrived home unexpectedly on Wednesday so he is home for Father's Day...and we have some nice things planned! Lissy

No comments: