Sunday, April 15, 2007

Art Work by E

It truly is special to be able to what your child grow and develop and learn new things...I am so lucky to be at home with E.

She is right into letters at the moment...writing them, putting them in envelopes and posting them to people...little drawings and some "writing"....usually the initial letters of peoples names. She always wants to know what letter someones names starts with and how to write it. Today she has written a letter for Lucas the cat!

The other day after playschool she"insisted" on painting an elephant....so we had to mix up some paint and away she went...a pretty good effort I think for a 3 and a half year old...though he does have five legs! This is A4 size.

She spends a lot of time at the moment making little things....and wants little pieces of paper to use...This little house collage she made yesterday...it is not quite 2" tall.The roof is plastic so a bit hard to see and the black lines are steps!

And this self portrait is only one inch tall. All very cute. She is very busy at her desk most days! She makes a big mess but then so do I so I cannot complain! I wonder what she will be doing next!

Hope you are having a happy Sunday - Lissy

6 comments:

Sharon Manning said...

Happy rainy wet Sunday Lissy.

Isn't it awesome watching our children develop, my two do things that I would never dream of doing at the same age! How times have changed.

These drawings and paintings that E has done are awesome, I'm sure they will be treasured for times to come.

Sharon
xxx

Mel Diener said...

Lissy, E is quite the little artist. I especially love her elephant. It's a difficult animal for a lot of us to draw (especially me lol), she's done a fantastic job.

Judy said...

OMG Lissy, what drawings! No really. I am doing a small album for someone on their trip to Thailand - they rode elephants for 2 weeks. Do you think Miss E would let me use the picture for one of the pages??? Thought i had better check the copyright issues.
And yes I am serious - it's marvellous.

Alli said...

I saw that play school, the boys loved it, that and the one with helicopters, Riley is still walking around going whocker whocker whocker.

The boys always love the things she sends, I think it is great that you post them. I could only post you something of Riley's if I hacked off a bit of out lounge room wall!

Megan said...

Oh Lissy these are magic! What a clever little thing E is.

I am home again - only ended up going away for one night. Kids are still sick :-(

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh these are just the cutest most delightful pieces of art. I love the elephant especially, she is so so clever!!
Melx