Sunday, February 08, 2009

a BIG weekend...

Well we have had a really BIG weekend...not what you imagine though!

Friday night my friend Jo came for a visit...E always tells me I talk to her too much and it is her turn! She loves Jo...Morganne is standing independently now and is pretty chuffed with herself...And here she is outside on Friday...
But the BIG thing this weekend was the play room...I have been meaning to get into the playroom for months to sort it out...that is make it suitable for Evangeline and Morganne so they can both play in there...and I had been putting things on top of the cupboard and shelves to get them out of reach...it was also in a bit of a mess after having some kids over to play...

So I pulled everything out and set too it on Saturday morning...E and M were banished to the lounge room...I have gone through everything...throwing things out, putting things aside to be passed on...putting things away that are too advanced for M...putting all the stuff for M at her level...and organising and putting all E's stuff out of reach...And then I gave everything a good clean...so it took me a day and a half to do...I need some more rails and wooden drawers for E...and then it will be finished... Most fun was "decorating"...I brought out all my mini albums and old canvases and other off the page stuff I have done in the last few years to put around...that means more space in my room and the girls can enjoy them too...and MOST fun was putting up the rabbit and PLAY wall stickers! Both girls are loving their new revamped room...And playing with the fractions puzzles together...
This afternoon E has gone off to the movies with the Albans...M had a little sleep...I had hoped she would have a long one as I am tired too...she has been waking constantly until midnight or 1 a.m. for the last few nights...every 30 - 45 minutes...I think she must be teething...Anyway I am hoping it will pass...soon...

The bushfires over east are terrible...they have had such horrendous weather too...40+C and high winds...it must be devastating to have lost everything and whole towns wiped out...and even worse is the death toll...65 people dead so far...unbelievable...

Ben is some where out to sea west of here...a long way...they are about 600nm from Madagascar (1nm is 1852mtrs) and they are at 35 degrees south 56 degrees east he tells me (that is the latitude and longitude meaning 35 degs south of equator and 56 degs east of Greenwich in England)...there are some islands south of the boat where Albatross nest...as so he has seen a few which must be amazing! I have shown E some pictures and explained to her how big they are(12 foot wing span)and we have mesure it out on the floor...she is fascinated...

Not so good news this week either is some good friends of ours have a 4 month old little girl who is critically ill...what she has is extremely rare...I think it is calcium deposits in the arteries causing cardiac arrest...I am hoping that she will pull through...no parent deserves to be going through such a traumatic experience...and these friends took so long to have this beautiful little girl...here's hoping for a miracle and the treatment works...

We have a busy week ahead...lots happening plus M starts play group and I have to make a turnip costume for E for Friday...aaaaaaaaaaaargh! Anyway hope you are having a great weekend...Lissy

1 comment:

Sharon Manning said...

The play room looks amazing and what a wonderful feeling it must have been to get it all done. Good luck with the Turnip costume!