Wednesday, February 25, 2009

it's been some time....

It's been some time since I last scrapped...I did the pages for Kim Archer's fabulous Life Snippets class the other day and then on the weekend decided to get stuck in and do a few pages using the photos I had printed out from months ago...such as Morganne at eleven months...she is now nearly fifteen months old...and Evangeline last April...and I had a lot of fun...most were pretty quick pages...

This is how I generally create a layout....
1. pick the photos and print at pretty random sizes depending on how many there are...
2. pick some papers that work well with the photo...(in my opinion that is and often not even working with the colours in the photos but the papers that look right with the photos)
3. create a background..often with some stitching involved...
4. put the photos on...
5. add a title and journalling...
6. and if I feel like it add some embellishments...

This all usually done pretty quickly and with not too much thought...sometimes I have to "fix" up mistakes but usually it works...I find the more I think about it the less I get done and the less creative I am ...so I generally just start slapping it all together...

So here are my pages...I apologise in advance for the bad pics of them... This one has one of the clear pockets on it over the journalling containing some of Morganne's hair at eleven months...

Anyway I hope you had a fun and creative weekend too...I shall post more about our weekend and week soon - it involved a few SNAKES! Lissy

No comments: