Friday, March 16, 2007

I am besotted...

…with felt….I know...I am a bit behind the 8 ball with this having only had an obsession with the stuff for the last couple of months when it has been very popular in the scrapping world for 6 months or more! I am like that with most things…it takes me a while to give it a go…like doodling! And believe me when you give it a go you realise what fabulous stuff it is…I am trying not to use it on every layout but at the moment I am using my upcoming class at the retreat and needing samples as an excuse! If is fast becoming one of my favs along with Heidi Swapp letters and decorative tape!

So here is a layout I did last night…I was a bit stumped on how to do school photos...for a start, uniforms are not usually very attractive….and I had quite a few photos I wanted to fit on…but saw this paper the other day (Cherry Arte) and thought that if I threw in a few felt stars and some fab scalloped ledger paper by Creative Imaginations and by Jove we might have a layout! And I managed not to line everything up straight!

Anyway stay tuned for some more layouts and such soon...the house is still in a mess but I cannot unpack all day! And I did cart away about 6 barrow loads of leaves from around the garden yesterday… and that was only in half the garden …we sadly have about 5 trees that have died this year…I think it is a combination of the dry year and the water table going down…anyway this has meant leaves everywhere… …will do more tomorrow as gardening is a nice break from unpacking too! Happy Friday all - Lissy

4 comments:

Judy said...

The sneak peak looks awesome - love that BG pp. Nice lo - don't know how you do it with the stars mixed with scallops - I would be too scared to contemplate that combo - but thats why you are teaching and so good at what you do! By the way,some of the felt in the USA is gorgeous as its handmade but got lo's i think the aussie felt is easier to use.
looks great. Ciao

Megan said...

Lis this is beautiful! you have such a sweet cherub there :-)

Megan xx

Lissy said...

it's yummy stuff I will have to pull mine out again, loved your little layered circles

Lissy said...

Alli commenting above as me!!! lol