Monday, March 05, 2007

Moving.....

Oh what fun.....well we have about 1/2 moved our stuff - or more...and have screamed and shouted a bit but are still together...lol...remembering we are a team is the secret!

I had hoped to get painting and such done before we moved but it is not to be...not enough time before Ben goes back to work...so we have knocked out part of the kitchen wall etc so the mess can be cleaned up...and we moved a lot of stuff yesterday...

Today we have moved more stuff and some furniture...loading up when it is 40'C....sure felt hot! Ben and I have loaded the trailer twice and the cars!


Then we have friends lined up later in the week to help move the big heavy stuff...but we may just move it ourselves as we did well today! But 42'C forecast for next two days....But maybe tomorrow we shall be moved...I will move any left over small stuff in the next few weeks...

I have decided to have a BIG purge of stuff...it is crazy - I am moving stuff back that I moved two years ago and have not looked at...so although I am moving it back I am chucking out stuff as I go and I am determined to go through it all and clear out! The thing is even if you have the stuff saved you cannot find it when you need it usually so you go and buy it anyway!

I have moved most of my studio over and it is piled on the floor...I would like some new shelving and tables so do not know whether to leave it all piled up and wait until we can get some or put the old furniture in...but then it is such a drama to swap it over...there will be no scrapping for a few days...

On a creative note - I was emailing some friends to tell them of our move a couple of nights ago and that we now have a cat...and decided that instead of just sending a photo of the cat I would do a quick layout...it is pretty simple and only took me 20 minutes including printing the photos :) And I satisfied my felt fetish at the moment!

So that it about it for now! Hope you are all having a good week - Lissy

5 comments:

Mel Diener said...

Ugh..moving, what a job. I feel for you having to do it in such heat eeek. I HATE moving at the best of times. BUT, it's great to have a good clean out.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

And how cute is your newest addition to the family? Can't wait to get one for my family, pets are such a treasure.

Megan said...

Lis I think you are an absolute star for getting scrapping done in 20 minutes! I've tried it, and it's tricky for me!

That weather sounds oh so yucky to be moving in....best of luck with the rest of it all.

Megan xx

Sharon Manning said...

Oh boy, I bet you didn't think it would be this hot while trying to move. Hope the rest of it goes well and it gets a little cooler for you.

Cute kitten, I bet E loves it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't envy you moving in this heat. hope your new place has air-con so you can cool off after it all.

looks like E has a new best friend.
:)

Anonymous said...

This layout is sooo cute Lissy! omg 40degrees - I don't think it's ever been 40 degrees here in Tassie - I would seriously melt. What hot weather to be moving in, I hope it cools down a bit for you,
melx