Friday, March 11, 2011

15 minutes a dress...

I have been working production line style on Pillow Cases Dresses as part of Little Big Girl Studio's


I had planned to make just one but couldn't decide what to make so I grabbed so fabric and started a production line....I cut out ten dresses and then set to work sewing...


I have worked out it takes about 15 or so minutes to make one....not long...they really are so easy...I think my favourite is the dark brown gingham...

I have a stash of fabric for Children of the Forest projects...I made twirling skirts last November to send...it is the pile on the right...


I always check out the remnants bin when I am waiting in line at Spotlight as often pick up some nice fabric, and check out the clearance section, and save fabric from projects of my own....And Textile Traders have remnants for $1...

And to make a baby size dress only requires about 40x60cm of fabric...I have plenty of scraps that size!

I have made all size dresses depending on the size of the pieces of fabric I had....

Even though I have joined in this sew-a-long I am just going to send my dresses straight to the Children of the Forest as I know they will appreciate them too...

I got the pattern from my Craft Hope book...which also has a specific project for Children of the Forest in it...and so that fits in with my other project this year...The Craft Book Challenge ...see the button to the right....


My plan next month is to make at least 10 pairs of shorts...they aren't so hard either...just have to work out a pattern and some sizes...and stock up on a few more boyish fabrics...but I will make some girls shorts too...Lissy

No comments: