Sunday, November 07, 2010

little girls should have a skirt for twirling...

I made 6 skirts today...skirts that I hope some little girls will do some twirling in...

Not my girls...

But little girls at the Children of the Forest...as part of Craft Hope...

A friend asked me today why I do all this...meaning collecting and sending clothes and underwear and so on to Children of the Forest...well my answer is probably simply because I want to...

This skirt making has only cost my time...I have raided my stash for ric rac and ribbon...and some fabric scraps from clothes I have made for my girls...and a few pillow cases I thrifted yesterday...

Morganne was happy to model twirling in the pink one even though it was a little big...I started with the idea of following the skirt in the Craft Hope book...but soon got side tracked creating all sorts of different skirts for twirling...But making these skirts made me think a little more...I tried to make each one completely different...To make something special for a little girl who does not have a mum or a grandma to make her things...to make her a twirly skirt...

Please contact me if you would like to join in and are not sure what to do...Lissy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lissy, I am sure that the 6 lucky girls will enjoy their brand new skirts. You have such a kind heart.