Thursday, November 04, 2010

craft hope...

I got some very exciting mail this week...

I have been waiting to get my copy of this book for a long long long time...that is since it was being written!


I first came across Craft Hope in the blogging world in 2009... and I joined in Project 3 for the Miracle Foundation...

Craft Hope has a huge following in the craft blogging world...

Then I figured I should contact
Jade Sims and see if she was looking for upcoming projects and if so I suggested Children of the Forest...nothing to loose right?

And what do you know...she put the Children of the Forest in her book...see page 92-3...

It was so exiting to see for two reasons...

Firstly it might increase their profile and lead some people to
the Forest who may be able to sponsor a child or provide some other assistance...

And secondly people might actually make some garments to send to the children...how thrilled would they be to get a ruffled pillowcase skirt, or some bandana shorts (pg 49)or a smocked dress (pg 89) or a pillow case dress (pg 17)...

Although the Ruffled Pillowcase Skirt was designed for them each projects has extra suggestions as to which charities might also appreciate the items...

And you know I am going to have to make some now!

And if you can sew...please grab some pillow cases and join in...Lissy


1 comment:

Sharon Manning said...

Oh this is awesome Lis! What great work you are doing for these children. You deserve a gold star!