Wednesday, November 24, 2010

it is real...

I am a bit of a sceptic really...wondering where money goes when it is donated to charity...does it really get through to those in need??? Unfortunately I think a lot of the times it does not...

BUT

I know Children of the Forest is real...I know they receive all our parcels that we send...because they send me many photo like these every time...
And these are our old school uniforms we have been sending since we changed to polo shirts...

And I have regular email contact from Mark and Tom to find out what is needed...and to let me know things have arrived and are greatly appreciated...with emails like these...

The steady arrival of your parcels have really made a difference to the lives of the children here...

Sorry we haven't been in touch and sent photos. We have been particularly busy due to recent events in Burma affecting our programs. I have put together an update newsletter which I will send out later today or tomorrow. We need lots of help at the moment so big thanks for all your efforts Lis.

I just wanted to let you know how much the staff and children look forward to and appreciate your parcels. A big thank you to you and all your friends and family who support our vital work.

Just to let you know that we have received another parcel..... big thanks to all who are contributing.

Thanks for the wonderful parcels recently. As I have said many times, without your help and your supporters help we we would really struggle to find the beautiful clothes you are providing the children. Thank you again.

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have been receiving your parcels and they continue to play a vital part in our child protection program. We struggle to find money for clothes but your donation means that our children look smart and cared for and most importantly they love to wear what you send.I am attaching a few photos....

I am not sharing this to make myself look good...I actually find it rather embarrassing...but to let you know that your contributions really do make a difference...

We get hand drawn cards from Porpoyii (who we sponsor)

And from other children...And I know I could visit anytime...but at the moment I feel my time and money is better spent providing things they need...though Evangeline asks quite often to go and meet Porpoyii so maybe one day when she is older we will go...

Sharon made a donation through paypal yesterday and received an email from Tom...your help really does go where it is needed and it is really appreciated...

Many children are saved from traffikers...and they are in a safe haven being provided with a home, schooling and health care...

So keep collecting those 5c coins!! Lissy

No comments: