Sunday, November 28, 2010

a special gift...

I have been busy this weekend making a special gift...it is to send to Porpoyii for Christmas (who we sponsor at Children of the Forest)...I think it is the gift that has made me happiest this year...

I made her a tote bag...It is made of red denim...with some cute red stars fabric by Anna Griffin...I also made a pencil case (red stars) and a toiletries bag (red and blue denim)...

I made loads of mistakes and my machine desperately needs a service as it is not sewing well...but I am sure Porpoyii will not mind!
 
Evangeline and I went shopping yesterday and she bought with her pocket money some coloured pencils, some lead pencils and a spotty notebook to send...


I bought some small soap, a little bottle of shampoo, some toothpaste, a tooth brush and a hair brush, some hair clips and a visual diary, sharpener and eraser to add to the bag...

I hope to get it posted this week....

And on my shopping list this week...140 toothbrushes...I can get packs of 9 from Red Dot for $3...I need 15 packs...$46...not so much really...I figure they maybe need some new ones...

I am planning on adding something to my shopping each week...a hairbursh, a packet of underpants, coloured pencils, crayons, lead pencils ...things they need...a few dollars for us each week...we won't miss it...but the good will be greatly appreciated at Children of the Forest...

What Christmas Gift is making you the most happy this year?  Lissy

1 comment:

Karen said...

I sent a parcel off to the Children of the Forest on Thursday. It had some cute cuddly softies, boys undies (Best & Less had them for a buch each) and some clothes.
The other pressy I love organising is a photo book of the year for my son's grandparents. I know my Mum loves getting it as she gets photos and they are already in an album. I only started this tradition last year.