Sunday, November 21, 2010

two dollars...

So...

Do you have a spare $2 floating around in your change jar???

Lost under the seat of your car???

Fallen out of your pocket in the laundry???

Well did you know that measly $2 can provide a child care package of the necessary soap, tooth paste, shampoo and washing powder (and sanitary napkins for older girls)…for one child at the Children of the Forest...to last a month...

Yes a mere $2 a month to have the basics that none of us would consider going with out...

That makes a grand total of $24 a year...

Well this time I am going to ask…straight out...can you please donate $2 a month...

We have worked out that it costs about $270 per month to purchase the necessary soap, tooth paste, shampoo and washing powder (and sanitary napkins for older girls) each month locally in Thailand for Children of the Forest... See post below...

That works out at about $2 per child per month…but they are struggling to provide essentials like food and health care…so they mostly go without these basics...

So now I am asking….can you commit to $2 per month…for a child care package of the necessary soap, tooth paste, shampoo and washing powder…

Not per day…not per week…per month….$2

$24 dollars a year ...not a month...a year...to provide these essentials for a child…

I think we can all do it…I know we can all do it...that is one family meal at McDonald’s for us or a few magazines…per year…nothing…but an amazing gift to these children…

You can donate directly through paypal on the charity’s website...(Friends and Family...I am happy for you to give the money to me to donate for you if you would prefer...but paypal is easy and secure...)


Maybe you could ask some friends or family to donate…or make it one of your Christmas presents for the year...or you could give it as a gift to someone...

Or encourage your kids to share some of their pocket money...can they spare 20 or 50c a week or a month??

Or maybe you could stretch to donating $5 per month…

Perhaps you can just start a spare change jar...it won't take long to get a jar of 5c, 10c 20c and 50c coins...

What do you think? Do you think you can afford $2 a month??? Sure you can..

Some people tell me they cannot afford to help...but you can...

I just counted our change jar of 5c 10c and 20c pieces...there isn't much in there...mainly 5c coins...change that the kids play with...and I needed a photo for my post....lol...

Well there was $3 of just 5c coins alone...and a total of $6.30...three months of essential supplies...I plan to get the kids looking around the house and car for more change tomorrow...won't take long to find $24 for this year...

So just grab a jar and save only 5c coins for the year...your change from lunch or morning coffee...clear out the 5c pieces from your wallet each week...and the coins just laying around that you do not even bother to pick up...You can afford to help....it is just down to whether you want to or not!And I know you do!

OK so I am putting the hard word on which is so unlike me...but please help...don't hate me...or avoid me in the street...I just didn't realise that so very little could help so very much...Go on...help...you will feel good if you do...Lissy

2 comments:

Sharon Manning said...

Done. I think my girls can do without one small gift this year at Christmas so that these kids can have everyday items for a whole year that my children take for granted. I have donated GBP25.00 (AUD41.64) just now via Paypal. I intend to put something under my tree to tell Renae and Gemma about our donation. Thanks Lis - you are doing a wonderful thing! Sharon xo

Lissy said...

Thanks Sharon :) Your support is appreciated :)