Tuesday, February 16, 2010

felting and creating...

I have decided that February is my Creative Month...

Last month was dedicated to clearing out the house and I did a LOT...there is still lots to go...but I had to have a break...lol...it was doing my head in! I am a messy creative hoarder by nature and although my inner clean neat minimalist self has been trying to get out there is only so much I can do...lol...

So this month I have been creating...YAY!!! Plus it helps that Ben is home for me to handball parenting duties too!

I have created layouts for three classes for the Wave Rock Retreat in March...

And layouts for term time at Scrappin' Outback...so if you are heading into Hyden to scrap, Karen will have some of my classes there for you to do!

And then today I went to a toy making class with Emily at Silver Tree...I am so glad she invited me along...I had FUN!

Morganne came along and had Yindi and another little girl to play with in a lovely shady playground right out the window of where we were working...

It was dry felting taught by Nicole...I had never tried it before...my creations lack finesse but I love them...an angel for each of my girls...

And some birds to make a baby mobile for a friend's little bub due mid year...they kept blowing around in the breeze but you get the idea! They are actually looking rather cute hanging in the window in the playroom... Next week is wet felting...I think we are making a cute little gnome or baby like this ....And I'd love to go and make a doll like this... And look at some of the other amazing things Nicole makes...all from felt wool stuff....And I have done a couple of other things over the weekend...A birthday album for Morganne's Rainbow Party...And a layout of her actual birthday...But never fear I am actually still working on the de cluttering...I am in the play room this week...

I have cleared most of it out and I am going to make some tough decisions over toys...we have far to many and some of it is very commercial stuff...and there is stuff they do not play with...and baby toys...

I prefer my girls to use their creativity to play...and they mostly do....so the other stuff needs to go!

Plus if I keep toy making they will have some fabulous new things to play with! Lissy

1 comment:

Sharon Manning said...

Those wool feting projects look FANTASTIC Lis! I can see that they could become addictive. Looking forward to seeing what you make next time.

Love that album and layout too - so colourful and very M!

Oh and I updated my blog this morning too!