Thursday, February 24, 2011

and more animal sagas...

Firstly we had a BIG snake on the lawn this morning...it was dead..so I am guessing the dogs must have found it...it is over a meter long...Shauna very bravely put it in the bin! Thankfully it doesn't appear that the dogs were bitten..it is a dugite...we had about 10 babies around and in the house last summer..but I have never seen a big one...

Chief seems to be doing ok with his lycra hood and coat...thought the mozzies still find the gaps around his throat and chest so more spray and cream tonight...

And I had my first ride here on him today as the lumps on his body were mostly gone! Just a gentle walk around the paddock as I did not want him to sweat and make his bites itchy!

But poor old Jazz has been back to the vet...more injections and more pills...and she now has a "collar" bucket thing on her head...this is what her nose was like today...getting worse...as she is scratching and rubbing it on everything...so hopefully it will be a lot better by morning...the vet couldn't clean it or put cream on as it was too sore...horrid isn't it...and she can lick it with her long tongue...

Jazz is in the pool area tonight as that is enclosed by flyscreen and I can keep an eye on her...and I have put another mozzie zapper out there...and the cats are staying on the other side of the pool fencing!

I am hoping the animal sagas are at an end...though if Jazz isn't lots better we will be heading back to the vet in the morning...Lissy

No comments: