Sunday, February 20, 2011

team penning...

Until recently I had no idea what team penning was....the couple that I am purchasing Chief off have just started team penning...it is a horse sport involving cows...

You are in team of 3 riders and you have 2 minutes to get three cows into the holding yard.

There are about 20 cows in the herd and they have different coloured colours...when the clock is started you are given a collar colour to go for. It is actually quite hard...

Last night Mum and I took the girls to watch...it was rather nice sitting on the grass watching for an hour or so...

Evangeline just wanted to climb on the fence...


And Morganne wanted to roll down the hill...she wanted to climb the fence to but I would not let her....

I took some photos on auto so they are not great...it was sunset and then the lights were put on...I need to find out what settings on manual I can use so I can take better ones next time...But fun was had by all...Lissy

No comments: