Sunday, October 07, 2007

the rest of the week...and retreat layouts

We are nearly at 32 weeks....so 8 weeks to go....Playschool had a thing on babies today with a little boy bringing his new sister home from hospital and so on...good timing by ABC! We are trying to put the cot up but cannot find the bag of bolts etc! Must be around here somewhere!

Birthday Season is here.....most birthdays around here are in October, November and December...so lots of parties to go to and lots of presents to buy! Most weekends are busy with parties and then it is Christmas! And then a couple more birthdays....And this baby will have a birthday then too! She is due December 5th....both our old neighbours are also both due around the same time as me...maybe we will all be in hospital together!

We did some final clearing out at our old house Friday...a lot of stuff I have been ignoring and will go to the holiday house or to Good Sammies...Ben has finished the tiling....Now we just need a shower screen and the plumbing finished and some painting and it is finished....then we need some nice tenants!

RETREAT LAYOUTS.....And here is the Classic Travel layout for the retreat...the aim here ws to use 6 standard 4x6 photos...no journalling yet as I need to check some details with my mum before I do it! I umm-ed and ahh-ed about adding some embellishments but nothing quite looked right so I have left it quite simple....and I decided the paper was fancy enough!

I did another version yesterday from our outing to the animal farm...this one used some smaller photos as I had eleven I wanted to use....and I have been wanting to use this felt flower stuff... And there will be a theme park one soon too which will have some chipboard embellishments and paper from Scenic Route....some hand cut paper and possibly some doodling!

Here is the School Days layout with the pocket page..for awards, reports and so on...no journalling as I will leave that up to my sister and nephew! I had planned on a couple of small photos above the pocket - in class photos or getting awards at assembly etc...but will have to chase those photos up from my sister...In case you are wondering the papers are Basic Grey...

E and I had a nice morning yesterday (Ben was off cleaning up at the old house)...we went to have a play in the park and brunch at a new cafe with friends...called Menu in Guildford and it was great...The girls were busy with their baby chinos and toast and jam...I had a delicious Eggs Benedict with asparagus...my camera battery ran out so I used my mobile phone...don't know how to get the photos off it though!

Ben's Mum is in Perth so we caught up with her last night(and SIL and nieces)...went out for dinner...E was great at the restuarantand the girls had fun playing....
Ben is off spear fishing today....hopefully he will not get eaten by a shark and will bring home some nice fish to eat....

I am trying to sort out the last of the junk from the old house which is all over the lounge room floor....and so a trip to Good Sammies tomorrow I think!

...and my friend Alli and her boys are coming for a picnic tomorrow...we had planned on the zoo but too much walking for me at the moment and it is forecast rain...so we will hang out here...Anyway I hope you have had a great weekend - Lissy

2 comments:

Sharon Manning said...

You have been a busy lady. I saw that new restaurant the other day and made a mental note to check it out, now I will definitely have to.
The bathroom looks great, Ben has done a fabulous job.
Layouts for the retreat look good too, can't wait to do them!
Enjoy the last week of school holidays.
Sharon xxx

Anonymous said...

omg I can't believe how much blogging you've been doing!! This is unreal.
That last pic of the girls is soooo sweet.
Love the layouts and the bathroom is VERY nice!!
melx