Saturday, October 27, 2007

super easy...

Well I had the fabric cut out yesterday...pants and a tunic for E for her birthday...then I sewed it up last night...the whole thing only took me about an hour...talk about easy!

The red spot for the top/dress was already shirred (is that the word???) and then I gathered a bit on one side...and the pants are very simple....McCalls 5306...E thinks it is wonderful which is great and I am hoping it may last a season or two!

I am thinking they can also be worn separately...as a dress...and the pant with a t shirt....I love the fabric...

Now what to make next....I am keen on sewing kids clothes now...I had been procrastinating...but it really is so easy...so long as you are not trying collars, sleeves etc!

Ben is on the boat up past Bali somewhere heading for Singapore...they will be there for a few days while the boat is worked on and then head back to Australia. He is enjoying his position as Chief Officer (second in command) and got to swing over to the oil rig in a basket thing on a crane to have a meeting with the rig people the other day!

We have hints of colds and sore throats and it is dreary and wet again so far today...so we are not going to the Gidgegannup show as planned (a little local show up in the hills east of Perth) plus E's friend we were going with has been sick too...oh well...

Hope you are having a nice weekend so far - Lissy

3 comments:

Megan said...

E looks most stylish and fancy Lis - that outfit is perfect for a princess!

I hope your colds and things pass....they are so exhausting.

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

I think you gals have had enough of the 'sick' I think you can ask this bug to move along Lissy.

I love the outfit it looks amazing - easy or not and I have to say the E is just such a beautiful little girl ESPECIALLY with her hair like that!

Melissa Goodsell said...

**triple drool** OMG I love the outfit, so so good and beautiful Lissy!!