Friday, August 10, 2007

organising....and de cluttering!

I have been quite productive....I am getting rid of a LOT of stuff around the house....clothes, craft stuff and so on and it feels great! Lots of stuff going to school, loads of stuff to Good Sammies (the boot of the car is filling up), and some stuff for the holiday house! I am a hoarder so I am trying to be ruthless!

And I am rearranging and organising stuff....I figure time is running out before this baby arrives so I need to get on with it! I actually really like things in my house to be neat, organised and aesthetically pleasing although I do not always achieve it!

In my 'studio' I have placed all my nice fabrics on the shelves for inspiration....boxed and labelled my sewing stuff until my meat safe is cleaned up to house it all...

I rearranged things so the scruffy scrap booking stuff is out of sight...and the shelves are neat and organised...it is much nicer and more conducive to creating if things are visually appealing...so one shelf done... ....but the rest of the room is still a bit of a mess! I work on a 9 foot long antique shop counter which is currently covered in stuff....so I need to sort and clean that up too! And I have another smaller shelf to do as well...

I have thrown out heaps of magazines and paper work that is just cluttering up the place too. I figure while I am on a purging roll I need to keep going!

I have to sort out my photos....I have ALL the photos from the family mostly so I am trying still to roughly sort and categorise them...plus all my millions of photos from when I used film...so that is still a bit of a mess...and I do not really have an effective storage idea for them either...

It is raining LOTS here today and only 13'C...cold for us! Alli and her two munchkins came for lunch and a play! E is always excited to see them! A nice way to break up a rainy day!

I am working on the baby's curtains....they are pink gingham and I am planning on appliqueing pears and apples on them....my skills in this area are a bit limited so we shall see how I go! These are the fabrics......

I am also going to attempt a rag edge quilt with these fabrics plus a few others from the stash....I found some instructions by Della Jultak on the Internet...and just have to work out how big I want it...

So hopefully I will have quite a productive weekend! Hope you have a good one too - Lissy

2 comments:

Megan said...

It sounds like the nesting part of the pregnancy is in full swing Lis! Your studio is looking great - love all those fabrics and boxes filled with mystery supplies!

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

oh Lissy, I love your fabrics all in little neat piles, how pretty do they look! Your studio is looking mighty fabulous, can't wait to see it all finished.
Melx