Friday, August 03, 2007

it's done....

...our vege patch.....well part one.....we have another garden bed that I would like to do too but I need Ben back home to did out all the pesky grass etc!
Anyway yesterday we stopped on the way home from school and bought some organic compost and sheep manure. I dug the compost in last night.
Then today after school E and I raked it over, pulled out a few more grass roots lurking and then proceeded to plant! We had to guess at spacing etc as most of the labels gave you no clues what so ever! But I figure there will be some casualties over the time so it should work out OK!
We planted baby carrots, beetroot, lettuce, beans, tomatoes, English spinach, red onions, garlic, baby broccoli and a few herbs...I am just hoping some grow! I am a bit of a vege patch novice!I spread a layer of manure to finish and then we watered! And it looks quite good! We still need to get some stakes for the tomatoes and beans. And I would like to buy some peas too but might not have space...maybe at the back along the retaining wall. Our little pup is growing in leaps and bounds. She is nearly 12 weeks old! We started puppy kindy this week at the RSPCA...Missy was so excited that we didn't achieve anything! E enjoyed it too though....lots of very cute puppies to pat! Most of the other puppies were very good! oh well! training at home is going very well so I will persevere and maybe she will be less excited next week!

So I guess that is it for now...it is nice to have a few sunny days - have a good weekend - Lissy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect day, perfect patch, don't you just love getting out and planting vegies???

It's so awesome for kids to do!

Megan said...

Lissy I want to come to your place - you are doing things that really appeal to me. It all looks so nice out there in your garden with your Evangeline and Missy....so relaxing.

Looking forward to seeing how they all grow!

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes I want you to come to our place too. That vegie patch looks seriously good (I want one!) and you've planted stacks of different vegies. How nice will it be when they are grow.
Melx