Monday, January 07, 2008

create...

I have just being wanting to do something creative...anything really...just a little bit of time for me...an hour maybe...if you are not into making or creating things then you probably think what's the big deal...but I have always made and created things...sewing, art, crafts, jewellery, scrap booking, photography...all sorts...but have done nothing much recently...and we all need sanity break!

So yesterday and today I made sure I had a "me" break...and I am trying not to feel guilty about snatching a hour for myself...I have had some ideas swimming in my head to create a canvas based on my word for the year "remember"...(see post below called this year)... it turned out quite differently to how I planned and of course is full of imperfection and mistakes as I was impatient to get it done! But I like the result...It is called "dans le jardin de mon pere" (written on the last two letters... and means in my father's garden) from the text of the book I was using for my flowers and letters...which seemed appropriate as ...to be all "arty" on you ...I was thinking of my dad and the ideas he planted in our minds of the importance of family and working on relationships to make them grow...he was not at all a gardener...hated it!...but the seeds he planted in our minds have grown...something to remember and pass on to our kids....

I layered and stitched papers for the background...then stamped the flowers on book pages...and printed red letters on the book pages too...cut them out and glues them on...easy! And used loads of Mod Podge to stick and seal it all...

And I let E help (in her super hero outfit...read on)...boy was that hard too do...but I managed to get over my fear of something being messed up...figuring I had not created perfection anyway!
It is now sitting above the fridge...we have a LOT of brick walls that could do with something colourful!I love the work of Jennifer Judd-McGee...so that got me started but I am afraid mine is a poor imitation of her fabulous work...I have several of her prints yet to be put on the wall...I am hoping Ben might put some pictures up for me when he gets home this time...especially all the family photos...

Other things...E has been a superhero most of the day! This is her idea of a superhero outfit...she wants a real bat man style cape though so I shall have to go and buy some material and create one for her...but she was quite happy with a tea towel and a peg! We have had a busy day really doing this and that and then mum, my sister and the boys came over this afternoon for a swim...and now it is time to get ready for bed and get a bit of sleep before the next feed - Lissy

4 comments:

Alli said...

I love it Lis!!! :)

glad you took some ME time, I want to hear about your ME time each day ok!

Melissa Goodsell said...

The canvas has turned out beautiful and it looks fabulous on the wall! I love that Miss E got to help :O)
Melx

Judy said...

Love the arty you - hehehehe.
keep on arting, it suits you.
xo

Megan said...

Fabulous creation Lis! And how could it be anything other than fabulous, considering you had the help of a superhero?!

Megan xx