Sunday, January 06, 2008

recording our lives...

This morning I was writing in Morganne's diary and Evangeline was watching...she thought my writing was very cool...lol...I wrote a diary for Evangeline's first 3 years of life and want to do the same for Morganne....just recording little bits and pieces of our lives, her growth and development....I do miss odd days but mostly I get a few sentences down...

Anyway off E goes deciding she is going to practice her writing! I have been talking to her about this...I am letting her develop her literacy and numeracy skills as naturally and incidentally as possible...if she ask for help with a letter I will show her...but I have been talking to her about practicing things like writing and talking...and other things like swimming...as that is how we learn and improve...she has a tendency to be hard on herself and get frustrated if she cannot do something as she imagines...
She has been a little mummy today....playing with her dolls mimicking what I do with Morganne
And she loves to steal my glasses...
Alli and the boys and Penny (Alli's mother in law) came today for a swim and lunch....very nicely provided by Alli..so the kids had fun and Alli, Penny and I relaxed!Morganne is getting a lot more interactive and aware and we are starting to get little smiles!Her skin is looking a little less horrid today...but still not good...and she is more settled today than yesterday - YAY!!

Evangeline has gone off to see a movie with friends...this is the first time she has been to a movie so goodness knows what she will think!

So I am finishing some baby tins as gifts...and will maybe start something else...I have an idea for a canvas...and a little bit of time for myself will be bliss...depending on Morganne's plans for the afternoon! And that is mostly it for this Sunday - Lissy

2 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

I love little Morganne's smile in the bottom pic, she's so sweet...her eyes look all lit up and excited.
Melx

Megan said...

Oh how did E go at the movies Lis?! I hope she enjoyed it.

I love that photo of her in your specs!

Megan xx