Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Prickly Pears

More stitching....this time "prickly pears"....pin cushions! I found this on another blog but cannot remember where so my apologies for that....

I made two...as the first one is HUGE..about 9" tall...lol.....so then I shrank the pattern and made a more modest pin cushion size one...about 6" tall including the stem....cute I think...to replace my sad mouse that I made about 15 years ago!!

I have secretly coveted Mel's tea cup pin cushion but figure the pear will do quite nicely!


Not much else happening here....tying to get started on the vege patch but the weather is hindering that...wet and windy and cold this week! I am hoping if E and I plant veges and grow them she might be keener to eat some more! We have strawberries growing in a hanging basket already!


Ben is off back to work on Sunday so back to just me and E for a few weeks...trying to get some jobs done before he leaves!

Hope you are having a jolly good week! Lissy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff LIssy. You make the best little treasures, loving the pears :O)
Melx

Sharon Manning said...

oooooo Lis these are very yummy, can I commission you to make me one? My pin cuishion which must be about 15 years old is rather tired too. Pretty Please! With sugar on top!

Megan said...

You have got busy fingers working away there Lis! These pears are so cool - I love them!

Alli said...

those are just gorgeous.. hint hint hint LMAO

if you want vegie patch help just holler, you know Michael and I would love to help