Sunday, July 01, 2007

scraplifting.....

After not having managed to do anything creative for ages, I decided to scrap lift Mel...and I told her I was going to do so, so I thought I had better actually get on and do it...lol...

I love how she uses interesting combinations of patterned papers and colours and layers on her pages combined with stitching and distressing! And she scraps everyday stuff! One very talented girl!

And this first one is a lift of her page "Vintage"...I loved her black and red colours so much more than mine but you have to work with the photo!

the next is a lift of "Laundry Love"...loved how she used torn patterned paper and then squared it up with the stitching.....perfect for these school photos...
Then I managed a page mostly on my own....lol...I put down the scraps of pp and photo and did the stitching ( some more of Mel influence there) and then figured I could actually use Megan's Sketch...which she did for the Scrapbooking Sketches Oz Style site....and so finally use these flourishes which have been sat here for at least a year if not more....so this is technically a scrap lift too...the stitching is a bit wild as my machine is not cooperating very well at the moment...really happy with this one! The colours are looking a bit odd on here as the purple is a lot lighter....oh well!


I have a big mess on my desk as I am in the middle of making a mini album...but thought I would leave it for a bit and just get on with some scrapping...so pretty productive today! The album might actually be done and ready to share in a couple of weeks...just mulling over a few ideas for it!

Next I might actually get on with the curtains for Evangeline's bedroom! I think I have gradually nutted out what I want to do for these...I should have just sewed some plain curtains but no I had to come up with something creative that is proving a bit tricky to actually orchestrate as yet!

And finally on this wet Sunday E had an absolute ball out side in the really big puddles...eventually she abandoned her boots and clothes too....oh the joys of being a child!

Stay tuned - Lissy

4 comments:

Megan said...

I hope you've sent this layout to Tatum Lis!

Love your lifts of Mel's layouts as well...she certainly is a talent.

Looking at your photo of E, it just makes me think more and more that her and Charlotte were separated at birth lol. Crazy kids!

Megan xx

Sharon Manning said...

Love the layouts Lis and are they chipboard flourishes on that last one? LOL
Mel certainly is a great talent.
So I'm guessing Megan's sketch is the next one you are doing?????
Take Care catch you soon.
Sharon
xxx

Judy said...

You seriously ought to become a professional photographer.

Anonymous said...

Farout, more scraplifting of me, i love being scraplifted, you are so sweet!!
I love the splash photo too. I love seeing pics of kids just being themselves and getting wet or dirty - just being allowed to be 'kids'.
Melx