Thursday, November 08, 2007

our week so far...

OK so Ben is still up in Singapore...and so they wont have the boat back to Australia until next Thursday or so...and he may have to stay on a few days....he was due home Tuesday next week....

He has complained that I have not updated my blog...so here it is :) Nothing terribly exciting mind you....

Monday....nothing very exciting just around at home...stuff like sorting out the plastics to see if all the lids are there, cleaning, ironing...thrilling stuff!

Tuesday...Melbourne Cup.....mum brought some yummy lunch over and we watched the race....and we all had naps...this is E read mum a bed time story...


I also had a spider incident.....I squashed a big spider on my head when I was letting the dog out of the kennel in the morning...YUK! It was at least 1" or so...it's body that is....We really need to get this place sprayed as they are everywhere at the moment...there was big one in the bathroom the other night too....and they are all around the pool and garden and inside...YUK!

Wednesday... a few jobs around here, mum was over and then my friend Jo came for tea..I tried out this new recipe...easy and tasty...I didn't have quite the right ingredients so substituted a bit but still tasted very nice!

spicy chicken and rice

2 T olive oil
4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin removed
salt & pepper
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground cloves
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t ground chipotle pepper
1 large orange pepper, diced
1 large onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/3 c raisins
1 1/2 c jasmine rice
2 c chicken broth
mango chutney (optional)

1. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt, pepper, cayenne, chipotle, cinnamon and cloves. Heat oil in a large dutch oven and add chicken, browning each side for 5 minutes.

2. Remove chicken and add in onion, orange pepper and garlic and saute until soft. Add in raisins and rice and stir until rice glistens. Add broth and then return chicken to the pot, nestling each piece into the broth and rice mixture.

3. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve with mango chutney and steamed vegetables.

edited to add....this is from Everybody Loves Sandwiches.. I have no idea what chipotle pepper is, I didn't have sultanas so used currants, and I didn't have cloves or cayenne so threw in some Chinese 5 Spice...and it tasted good...E even likes it :)


Today....breakfast with Sharon at Menu in Guildford....yummy food and nice to catch up.....Sharon will be at the Subiaco Craft and Community Fair, Sunday 11th November, 2007, Mueller Park, Subiaco (Next to Subiaco Oval)...so drop in and say hi....

E was very tired today...so after much hard work I managed to get her to have a nap and so did I! Usually it means she will go to be later but the last few days she has been tired and grumpy so we shall see!

And here we are at 36 weeks.....I can't bend or do much now which is frustrating! I am sleeping better but still tired! Despite all that I am excited that our baby will be arriving soon! So is E....I have a name picked out...but I have not even told Ben as he will tell everyone...lol...but I will tell him soon...he has no ideas...I had Evangeline's name picked out too....and it was the only name we had!So that is it for now...need to get on and do some more gardening around here and general tidying up....well mainly mum will be as Ben is still away and I am not very useful at the moment....it is Evangeline's birthday party next week and then the weekend after we have the car club coming for a "shed run" a kind of a memorial thing for dad to see all his stuff...it is still very hard to believe he is not here anymore...it has left such a big hole in our lives...we miss him every day....Anyway that is it for now - Lissy

8 comments:

Alli said...

aren't you looking gorgeous!!, you have dropped just a little from last week

and that chicken sounds nice, might give it a try minus the fruit LOL

Sharon Manning said...

It was great to catch up this morning. That belly is sure maxing out now! I am so looking forward to meeting your little one, it will be great to cuddle a baby again (then give it back! LOL no offense).

Megan said...

YOU LOOK SENSATIONAL!!! It doesn't seem that long ago that you told me you were pregnant Lis....and here you are with only 4 weeks to go. I promise, you will still be tired after the baby arrives, but not nearly as tired as you are now. At least when you sleep after she pops out, you will only be sleeping for YOU and not having lots of kicks and things happening!

Loads of love,
Megan xx

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely gorgeous Lissy!! Not long now!

Chris M.

Melissa Goodsell said...

You're glowing Lissy! ooooh yuck, the spider, well...I really hate spiders and that one sounded far too big for me, how yuck.
Melx

Melissa Goodsell said...

Lissy - I sent you an email yesterday and I keep getting a message to say that there is a delay in you receiving it. I sent somebody else one too that has a bigpond address and I keep getting the same message for that - so I'm thinking maybe bigpond is down or something??
Melx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lissy, Just thought I'd pop in and I am sooooo out of touch - I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations - you look fabulous, by the way!!! Best wishes for the arrival of the new bub. Moira/Moi

Anonymous said...

My God woman you look amazing!
Absolutely amazing.

Cant wait to hear what her name will be!

Take care Lissy.
xxxx