Tuesday, September 18, 2007

3 weeks...

It has been three weeks since dad died....my head knows this but my heart still cannot believe it....there is so much I want to tell my dad...I cannot believe that we will just never see him again...I don't suppose it is ever something you get used to.

These pics are all fairly recent ones and are the things E talks about doing with her dad-dad...we talk about him a lot and will continue to do so, so she hopefully will not forget...





A family friend Peter Lee wrote this a couple of weeks ago
Lissy

4 comments:

Megan said...

Lissy these are such beautiful photos, and after reading the article by Peter Lee I am left here quite misty and feeling so sad for you all. It's an awful pain in your heart when you are trying to come to terms with the one you love not being around any more.

Love me xx

Alli said...

you have such a wonderful record for E of her time with your dad, write the stories and remember.

Loved ones are such a part of us we have trouble remembering they have actually gone, even after 11 years I always feel as though Andy is just around the corner, I think mainly because it just doesn't seem right that they are gone.

Sharon Manning said...

I don't know that things will get easier Lis but I do know they will change over time, the ache will turn into memories that will make you smile and think "I loved that about Dad".
Make sure you record the relationship between E and your Dad, she will thank you for it in time to come.
Sharon
xxx

Anonymous said...

It's hard isn't it. I found one of the hardest things was that often people stopped talking about my Dad. He didn't come up in everyday conversations anymore. I love the photos that you've popped on your blog Lissy, they are beautiful.
Melx