Saturday, September 22, 2007

so....

We have had one of those days...nothing too bad though....just a bit frustrating
Firstly I discovered that E had cut holes in the ironing board cover I made her yesterday....grrr....

Anyway we recovered from that and proceeded to clean and sort the playroom a bit...We need shelving but it looks a lot better...

E then did some letter writing!
Then I started making a bag to put her dance shoes in...it was supposed to be child size but turned out bigger...lol....but I was pretty pleased with my efforts considering I had no pattern and just made it all up! E rather likes it! E just about drove me mad chatting and singing all the time I was trying to sew and asking if it was done yet!
We were all set to go to a birthday party this afternoon at the Swan Valley Cuddly Animal Farm- we were in the car and heading off just before 1pm - when I realised that is started at 10 am and finished at 1pm....poor E was devastated...I felt so terrible...so after lots of crying, she recovered walking around saying mummy made a big big mistake...lol...she wanted me to call the mum straight away and tell her! But I sent a message explaining and suggesting the birthday girl might come over for a play this week!

So as a distraction we took Missy out for a play and I managed to get E to get on the old truck and took gazillions of photos of her antics....she hardly sat still for a second but here are a few shots I rather liked!




And here is Missy

And E has been racing around the house on the office chair and ringing bells and trying to make as much noise as she can with her box of musical instruments!

Anyway I hope you have had a lovely Saturday! Lissy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's your Sainthood Lissy!

Claire has days like these.. we have a name for them... at this age they just seem SO.FULL.ON. and then there's the tween years to come... Give me strength!!!

I love the bag... heart material is gorgeous... you've inspired me to go to Spotlight Sunday... my fabric stash is nearly as big as my PP stash... and *proudly???* none of it touched LOL!

Have a great Sunday!

Lib x

Megan said...

Hey Lis,

I love the photo of E pointing her finger at you lol. And you've done a magnificent job on that dance shoes bag! Very spiffy!

What a shame about missing the party....I'm sure having a play date with her little friend will more than make up for it though :-) At least I hope so for your sake lol!

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

Luuurve the dance bag Lissy - so so good! How funny is the finger pointing pic, it cracked me up.

I'd love a playroom for my two - yours is looking very spiffy. Oops about the party :o(
Melx

Alli said...

just put the party oops down to preggy brain Lis :) i bet you were thrilled about the ironing board cover, it looked so cute too!

Sharon Manning said...

Oh dear it sounds like you had a "doozy". Love the photos of E, I might need to do a photo shoot with that truck of my girls.
Sharon
xxx

Janelle Wind said...

Oh Lissy - I recently did a similar thing to poor Jasper. He was invited to a party where they had to go dressed in some motor racing kind of clothes - so we hunted around and got all the we needed - organised the WHOLE family to go - arrived at the house and couldn't work out why no one was there yet. Finally someone came out of the back door - my DH asked if this was where the party was and he said - Yes - YESTERDAY! Oh my goodness, I couldn't get out to the car quick enough. AND I didn't have a pregnant brain to blame it on either - so don't feel too bad, it happens to the rest of us too!! x Janelle