Saturday, September 29, 2007

phew....

I am knackered....lol....I have just hand cut 70 fabric squares and 35 wool wadding squares (it had to be wool as any good farmer's daughter knows!) for this baby quilt....

I could not find my quilting ruler.....grrrr....and then I discovered my rotary cutter was too blunt to cut anything any way.....so I just hand cut them....
I am making a Rag Edged Quilt so I am hoping it will not matter.....I am not a quilter so we shall see how this quilt goes! I made a couple of simple quilt tops about 10 or so years ago but they were never finished....hence the old and blunt cutter and the lost ruler...and the mat I used was pretty mucky from Scrap Booking....lol....oh well!

I have a basic set of instructions to follow....but I am never much good at actually following instructions...I have just made up the size of the squares and the quilt proportions to suit myself...I wanted big squares as I want to see plenty of these pretty fabrics!

E was busy cutting with me....chopping up all the off cuts and measuring "things"....

Ben shouted at the TV for a couple of hours and then turned it off in disgust before the game had ended...I gather Geelong were winning easily...

So now I am having a break and may head out side for a bit since it is such a nice day - Lissy

3 comments:

Alli said...

you are busy! can't wait to see the quilt and the curtians look so cute..

enjoy the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Oh it is so cute!

Sharon Manning said...

Busy busy busy! Glad you are feeling better Lis because I like seeing what you make. Gemma and I even sewed yesterday while the football was on, that's how uninteresting it was LOL.
Looking forward to seeing the Quilt.