Friday, September 07, 2007

mum's birthday

Well today was mum's birthday...We are still at the farm but wanted to do something especially after all the sadness of the last couple of weeks. So we went to the only restaurant in the area(other than the pub)....about 100km away! But it is worth the trip....it is called Terra Vista (18km from Hyden) and is on a farm that also grows olives and makes oil too....We had an amazing meal.....chicken stuffed aubergine rolls with pasta......it was so delicious! Plus some yummy tiramisu and cassata for dessert. They have a great view over farm land and a great garden which Ike and Evangeline had fun playing in.We have had wonderful support from family and friends in the past week which we are thankful for. The reality of it all still has not set in and I think we all expect dad to walk around the corner any moment. And maybe we always will.

Lissy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lissy,

Just a note to say I'm thinking of you and your family.

Much love,

Libby x

Megan said...

Hey Lis,

Wow, I didn't realise how much you and your sister looked alike! These photos are beautiful, and I am really happy you were able to get out and do something nice for your mum's birthday.

I know after we lost my grandfather last year, it took a long time to really grasp that he wasn't around anymore. And when I thought I finally had my head around it, there would be times that out of the blue that it would hit me again....I might be driving along and suddenly it would enter my head that he really wasn't walking the planet with us anymore.

I have you in my thoughts each day Lis...to loose someone you were so close to takes a lot of adjustment.

And even through all of this, you look just so beautiful. And now I want to see the bump!!

Megan xx

Melissa Goodsell said...

These are beautiful photos Lissy.

Wow, you and your sister are very much alike!!
Melxx