Sunday, September 30, 2007

baby quilt...

Here it is done and washed and drying on the line....
The instructions I followed were Easy Rag Edge Quilt by Della Jultak ...and I managed to follow them...although I have not actually ever seen one of these quilts in real life so I do not know if it is right but I am happy with it! It is really super quick to put together once you have all the squares cut. I laid mine out on the floor to check the pattern....then flipped each piece over to check the pattern on the back....then piled them up in order and started stitching...not perfect but I love the fabrics!

While I was busy with the quilt yesterday Evangeline was also busy making a bed for Baby Roo Roo who we rescued from the mower that morning...he had been missing for a month or so....


We had a delicious meal of steak and salad last night...using our first lettuce from the garden....how great is that!

Today we have been down to the Farmer's Market to get our vegies....and I have made a Light and Dark Brownie...we were off to Ben's sisters for lunch but they are sick....so now we will have to eat it...if it works out OK I will share the recipe!

So now we have the rest of the day ahead I am not sure what I will do....Lissy

6 comments:

Alli said...

love the quilt! and how cute is baby roo roo, and eating your own veggies, what a day :) michael is planning our veggie patch for the front yard still. we did yard work this morning and are taking it easy this afternoon.. see you tuesday!

Sharon Manning said...

Well I think the Quilt looks awesome! Great job Lis.
Sorry your plans have been messed up today but sometimes those days can turn out the most productive, or maybe just enjoy an afternoon siesta or come help me clean my house. LOL

Alli said...

no... come help me clean my house... don't do Sharon's...lol or better still you can both come and help clean my house and bring the brownies lis!

Anonymous said...

I just love this so much Lissy, I really like the raggy quilt look and hope to make one for myself one day. The fabrics look awesome together, wow I can't believe how quick you were!!
Baby roo roo's bed is gorgeous too :O)
Melx

Anonymous said...

The quilt is just gorgeous!

Glad that baby roo roo has been found, he's too cute to be lost!

Megan said...

Lissy you have outdone yourself!!

I've just got home and got your email and had to come over and see - you are a clever chicky!

I am SO pleased to hear Baby Roo Roo was saved from certain death by lawnmower. That would have been very tragic - and look how happy E is looking after BRR. Very cute indeed :-)

Megan xx