Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday.....

This is a picture E drew in my notebook last night of Ben cutting down the trees!
I have realised I am 30 1/2 weeks now so this baby will be here in 9 weeks or so....blimey...must get cracking and get organised before I can't move so well!! The bump is getting in the way now with bending and so on....and it will only get bigger on the down hill run!


And I have so many great photos to scrap at the moment but that will have to wait for now! Sewing is the go this week....still finishing the curtains....and then I want to do a quilt....and E's curtains too....still!


Mostly it is a case of how to sew curtains with a young assistant....helping or continually chatting, asking questions or singing! But so far I do not think I have made any major mistakes...it just takes a LOT longer!

This is part of the applique panel at the top (here you go Mel - a sneak peek!) ...I am just making it all up as I go along so hopefully it will work out and look OK! I figure no one is going to give them a really close examination anyhow! Crawling around on the floor trying to measure and cut out fabric and lining is not fun so had better finish E's curtains next so I can do smaller stuff as soon as possible!

And some E- isms....for joking she usually says choking....and hiccups is hippy upping! These little things are all disappearing now as she is growing up....I have just realised she will be FOUR in less than two months...so I cannot really keep saying I have a three or a three and a half year old!

Anyway here is to a great weekend - Lissy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hippy upping...how cute is that and I love E's beautiful drawing of Daddy and the trees.

Lissy your curtains are looking fabulous! I really love the strip of contrasting gingham, so so good...can;t wait to see them hanging!
Melx

Megan said...

I go out for one day and come back to THREE posts!!! All these photos are great Lis - love the ones of E at her sports carnival. She is such a great little kid and gets in amongst it all doesn't she?!

The drawing of Ben cutting down the trees is so cute....she's growing up, that's for sure.

Megan xx

Alli said...

love that picture Lis