Friday, September 14, 2007

36 hours without power....

But we survived....and were actually pretty productive moving furniture and rooms around....so now we are all sleeping down one end of the house....just have to set up the play room now....oh and I am still doing the bedrooms for Evangeline and the baby....oh well...have a few months...or 11 weeks to be exact....and I was very glad to have a long hot shower this afternoon after a couple of cold ones! I won't complain though as I know my sister has had worse power cuts on the farm!

Our puppy Missy has grown....she is now 12.4kg and 16 weeks old....a month ago she was 9kg...she will get to 28 - 30 kg when she is fully grown! We are still working on the training! E had a bag of treats and was practising getting Missy to sit....She has a fabulous nature as all GSP (German Short Haired Pointers) seem to have...and most of the time fancies herself as a lap dog...lol
Ben has flown off to Copenhagen for 10 days....his first trip to Europe... exciting even if it is for training! If I wasn't 7 months pregnant I would have gone too! Oh well! We checked him in, had a coffee at Dome and then sent him through the departure gates! E only sat still long enough to drink her Iced Chocolate!I am supposed to be taking it easy (blood pressure is up) but need to get some sorting and cleaning done....this upside down and messy house is getting depressing...but now the furniture is mostly moved I can get on with it again...and the washing has mounted up....

My sister and family are down this weekend...as Mum, Annica and Ace are off to Europe (Prague, Italy and France) on Monday too...we managed to get mum a flight etc last week so she can go....Dad had been very upset she cancelled the trip when he got sick...Ace (9) is looking forward to going to Venice! I would love to be going!

So with everyone gone, I have put aside next week to scrap book and get the Hyden Retreat class samples done....and maybe even something for me! And a bit of sewing would be nice too! Do I sound like a broken record...lol...Hope you have a great weekend - Lissy

3 comments:

Megan said...

Lissy I don't want to hear that you are over extending yourself by working too hard around the house when your blood pressure is up, and everyone who is your back-up is floating around some of the world's most wonderful places!!!! You need to take it easy and look after yourself please. You are too far away for me to drive over and give you a hand!!!

That said, you look after yourself and have a great weekend :-)

Megan xx

Sharon Manning said...

You must be bummed about not being able to go to Europe too, but would a coffee shop sometime next week run a close second?
I will catch you next week sometime, I promise! Have a great weekend and I'm sure that house will be in order before you know it.
Take Care.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I hope that blood pressure goes down soon Lissy :O( Missy has grown SO SO much!! Hey I just realised that Lissy rhymes with Missy. Cuteness :O)
Melx